The country of maple syrup, ice hockey and northern lights is famous for not only these wonderful things but also for the welcoming and polite nature of people. Canada is home to many immigrants from all over the world which makes the country richer in cultural and religious aspect. The country welcomes people of all races, religion and ethnic background which make the country great for any international student wanting to study in Canada.
Canada is second largest country in the world by total area and is located in the northern part of North America. It comprises of three provinces and ten territories. Canada has two official languages: English and French, and its official currency are Canadian Dollar. The country has constantly ranked high in terms of quality education and standard of living, Canada also ranks 11th for the highest GDP in the world.
For international students who are interested in studying in Canada but have confusion in any of the process can directly contact our team of experts, they will help find answers to your questions.
Benefits of Studying in Canada
- Quality and internationally recognized degrees
- A wide range of study options available
- Affordable education & living cost
- Safe, multicultural and welcoming country
- Post Study Work Visa facilities for students
Step by Step Student visa process for Canada
It is compulsory for all foreign students to obtain a student authority and visa before migrating to study in Canada. A student must also meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations under normal circumstances. Visa decision turnaround timeframe is minimum of 4 to 6 weeks. Visa Application Process for Canada is as below:
Step 1: Apply for Admission in College/University
Step 2: Pay Tuition Fee
Step 3: Purchase of GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate)
Step 4: Undertake Medicals from registered panel doctors
Step 5: Visa Lodgment (paper, and online both option available)
Step 6: Visa Decision
Step 7: Fly to Canada!
Student visa applicant needs to fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for a student permit visa:
- Student has accepted by a designated learning institute (DLI).
- Student has to prove that you have adequate funds to pay your tuition fee and living expenses.
- Student has to prove that you have a clean background and no criminal record. The aspirants need to produce a police certificate to prove this.
- Student has to do a health checkup and produce a medical certificate that certifies that you are in good health.
After you submit your documents it can take from 2 to 7 weeks for your visa to be ready, so you should apply for it beforehand just to be sure you get it on time. There is also standard visa fee that should be paid which is C$150. The documents that are required might differ according to the province you go to or course you have chosen. If you want to study in Canada and any of these steps confuses you, make sure to contact us. We are team of G&K and will help you make the process easier.
Step By Step Student Visa Process for UK
To apply for Tier 4 (General) student visa, your course must last longer than 6 months. Before you get to apply for the visa you should make sure to follow these things:
- You should check if you qualify for the student visa or not.
- A completed visa application form
- Proof that you have been accepted for the course you applied for: An offer letter from the univeristy you’re applying for is necessary for the visa application process.
- Enough funds: There must be proof provided to support that you can maintain the lifestyle and take care of the expenses while staying in the UK. The amount you need to show in the process needs to cover the fee for the whole year and living cost for 9 months while you study you are there.
- Online application: You will need to register and create an account on the UK Visa Website that will help you receive message containing your application number.
- Payment of application fee: There are various ways of how you can make the payment for the application fee such as payment at Standard Chartered Bank branch, payment at visa application centre after you submit your visa or you can opt to pay it online from MasterCard.
- Appointment at visa application centre: You must book an appointment at the visa application centre and visit the centre on the appointed date. Here you can submit your application, fingerprints, passport size photos and the documents that may be required.
Because UK is an English speaking country you should also submit your IELTS score when you apply for the university. And make sure to apply 3 months before your course starts. Above are some things that the students should follow and if you face any confusion with the visa process please feel free to contact our staff members, who are more than happy to help you with the process.